Comic Life for iPad is an easy-to-use comic / cartoon creation app for students from Grades 1-12. It provides a range of templates, and enables users to import pictures (from their Camera Roll, or Creative Commons sources on the Internet), captions, and special effects (thought balloons, onomatopoeia).
This app mirrors the Windows / Mac version of Comic LIfe, and allows users to print, email, or share their comics on Facebook. Comic Life for iPad also features an “in-tray” option, which allows users to share comics with other iPad users nearby).
For: Teachers, Students (Grades 1-12)
Cost: $5.49 (Download Link)
Requires WiFi: No (only for sharing comics)
- Social Studies – Timelines, history retells
- Literacy – instructions, grammar practices, story retells, information brochures
- Science- instructions, reports on learning, explanations of concepts
- Cartoon Tutorials for students and teachers (e.g. The Daring Librarian)
- Food Technology – illustrated cookbooks
- Inspiring Examples from Porchester Junior School (UK)
- Click here for more ideas, or check out the links below!
Tutorials and Lesson Ideas
- How to create comics on iPad with Comic Life
- Students describe health and safety issues of a crashed tanker using Comic Life
- Students use ComicLife app to create user manuals
- Students use ComicLIfe app to produce revision comics