Diigo is a connected teacher’s best friend!
Diigo provides a simple way to bookmark, annotate, and search the hundreds, if not thousands of websites that we bookmark from our Twitter feeds, web searches, and collegial recommendations. It allows users to tag, highlight, and add sticky notes to ANY webpage, and because they are stored in the cloud, they can be accessed on almost any device. And it’s available as an iPad app!
We highly recommend the Diigo for Educators account (free, but requires a school email address), which provides teachers, and their students, with a powerful research tool at their fingertips. To find out how you can use Diigo in the classroom, please review the links below.
Don’t forget to install the web highlighter / toolbar for your browser!
For: Teachers, Students, Administrators
Cost: Free (Download)
Requires WiFi?: Yes
- Research / Inquiry – share useful links
- Collate favourite classroom games
- Professional Development (Curate favourite websites)
- Join Diigo education groups (examples)
- Using Diigo in the Classroom
- Classroom Collaboration using Social Bookmarking (Diigo)
- Diigo in the Classroom – Livebinders
- Using Diigo in the Middle School Classroom
- Social Bookmarking – Quality not Quantity
Examples of Diigo Libraries
- CybraryMan’s Diigo Page
- Diigo 101
- Using Diigo to build your PLN
- Getting Started with Diigo (PDF User Guide)
- Webinar – Social Bookmarking (Diigo & Symbaloo)