Puppet Pals HD is a highly regarded animation / storytelling app for iPad, which is suitable for K-10 students, and has a variety of educational applications.
To use Puppet Pals, students select characters, settings, and a title; and then narrate a story while animating the characters and props using their fingers. You can create your own backdrops and characters using pictures from your Camera Roll, and export the finished video files to iMovie, YouTube, etc.
The app itself is free, but we highly recommend purchasing the Director’s Pass (about $3 via in-app purchase), which allows you to download and use a wider choice of characters and backdrops, including any future content.
For: Students (Early Childhood – Secondary), English Language Learners
Dec 2012 Release – Puppet Pals 2 – $5.49 (Introductory Price)
Requires WiFi?: No.
- Create short instructional videos (in different learning areas)
- Storytelling, News Reports, Historic Retells
- Help reluctant public speakers present to the class
- Help ESL students practice their fluency & language skills
- Check out this website for some great literacy ideas!