Today I have been advising some schools as they are writing grant applications for funding for iPad projects. Applying for funding can be very competitive;
Here are some tips:
1) State your case very clearly – Why should your project be funded?
- Explain the problem or challenge in your school that you want to address.
- Try to include some figures “30% of our students …”
2) State the aims and intended outcomes for the project.
- Support your claims by referring to educational research.
- Give an indication of how you will measure progress.
3) Explain how the iPads will help you to reach the outcome.
- Describe in detail how you will use them in the classroom.
- Justify why you need to purchase these devices.
4) Remember to include the costs of staff PD, iPad covers, iTunes vouchers for the apps (one per device), VGA connectors and a stylus.
Good luck with your application.
Please contribute to our research project by completing the survey and enter the draw to win an I- tunes voucher