Tips 2012 Professional Learning #17:Getting started with iPads?

One of the most frequently asked questions that I receive is “how do I get started using iPads in my classroom?”.
The next question I get asked is “I know the basics but what is the next step? How do I integrate this technology into my teaching to make a difference in learning outcomes?”<

In response to these questions I have prepared two preconference workshops that I will be offering at the ACEC conference in Perth on the 2 October. The morning workshop “Getting started with iPads” gives an overview of how to set up and begin using iPads effectively in classrooms.

In the afternoon workshop we will look at ways of “Integrating iPads into the curriculum”. We will discuss and create resources that teachers can use in their teaching. The designing of workflows to import and export materials from mobile devices will be one of the topics we will explore.

These workshops are also open to those who cannot attend the full conference. You can book on the conference website.

Thanks to all who attended the workshops we had two amazing groups of enthusiastic educators. Many thanks to the fabulous teachers Louise, Kym and Anna and Jamie and the crew from Winthrop who helped me facilitate the groups as the enrolments to these workshops kept increasing.

The spirit of sharing and collaboration made these workshops  a very worthwhile learning experience for  all. I am sharing the workshop resources through an edmodo site. To access the resources set up a personal edmodo account. This is free. Search for the group titled Jenny lane and join it. The code for the group is mom1q0. ( last letter is the digit 0). Please contribute by adding your comments thoughts and ideas.

Jenny

5 thoughts on “Tips 2012 Professional Learning #17:Getting started with iPads?

1. Pingback: Tips 2012 Professional Learning #17:Getting started with iPads? | TPACK iPad Project In Schools (TIPS) | Professional Learning for Education | Scoop.it

2. This site is fantastic. We are just starting out with our iPad test. Do you have an videos or Screencasting of your workshops?

Thanks
    Lisa
    St. Alban Roe School
    St. Louis, Missouri, USA

• Thanks Lisa for your positive feedback. I don`t have anything yet but it is a great suggestion I will work on this.
      Regards
      Jenny