Educreations is an incredible FREE interactive whiteboard tool available as an iPad app and online web tool. Once you create a (free) account, it is easy to add images, draw pictures, and write on the whiteboard slides as you explain your ideas.
When you’re happy with your video, you can watch it on the iPad, or upload to the Educreations website. You can share your videos publicly or privately, via email, Facebook, Twitter, or the Educreations Tutorial Gallery (under development). Public screencasts can be embedded into blogs, websites, etc.
Educreations is a more advanced app than ShowMe, and it was specifically designed with educators in mind (see the video tutorial below). Like ShowMe, teachers recommend the use of teacher / class accounts to save and share student videos (tip via blog post by @nate_kremer)
For: Teachers, Students (Primary to Secondary)
Cost: Free! (Download Link)
Requires WiFi: Yes, to upload completed work
- Create a repository of video tutorials for your class / school wiki / website
- Explain mathematical thinking, written work
- Present an argument, or explanation of a topic (literacy)
- Enable students to demonstrate their learning, comprehension skills, and understanding of topics across a wide range of learning areas.
- Educreations – official site
- iPaddiction: Educreations for Assessment
- Using Educreations to demonstrate learning
- New iPad App Lets Any Teacher Be Like Sal Khan
Please contribute to our iPad research by completing a short survey, and entering our draw to win an ITunes voucher!